Friday 29 April 2016

Going For Gold!

Hi everybody,

Jill here, and this week, I am going ga-ga for gold!


Using the incredibly beautiful new Gansai Tambi Starry Colours Watercolour pan set.


And oh my goodness are they beautiful?  They are so shimmery and easy to use!


So me being me, the first thing I wanted to with them was, of course, a background wash.  I wanted to see how they would react with my Distress Inks and to see if the pretty shimmer would remain when mixed with another medium, and boy oh boy, it definitely did.
I started with a piece of watercolour card and stamped out this huge 'Happy Birthday' sentiment from Mama Elephant's Birthday Wishes set, in black Versafine, and clear heat embossed.  I then stamped out this cute little bunny from Mama Elephant's Lunar Animals, and the little balloon from Mama Elephant's Woodland Gifts, and again, clear heat embossed.  I then masked  off my little bunny with 'drawing gum', (if you haven't already got some - get some - it makes masking soooo much easier, especially with watercolour).  Then for the fun part...  So the Gansia Tambi Starry Colours set includes 6 different pans of different golds, all absolutely beautiful, and in varying degrees of intensity.  I had already tested out my colours on a piece of scrap card, and chose which golds I wanted to use.  I went for the more intense colours as I knew I wanted to us it along some Distress Inks, and wanted the gold to stand out.  I used them in exactly the same way I would any other watercolour, and just went in to create a wash over my sentiment, sploshing and swooshing the colours around wherever I saw fit.  I then introduced my Distress Ink, a variety of pinks as I thought the gold and pink would look so pretty, and again, swooshed them over by background, then set aside to dry.


I was not let down with the shimmer once dried, it is gorgeous, although blumming hard to photograph!  I removed the drawing gum from my bunny and balloon, and coloured them both using my Zig Clean Colour Real Brush Pens, another incredible product new to the store!
I matted my panel onto a piece of paper from My Favourite Things Off The Grid paper pad, (which I LOVE and am going to re-purchase so I NEVER run of of haha), mounted onto a dark grey card base, added a coat of Glossy accents to the balloon, a scattering of sequins to embellish, and there you have it.

I really hope you like it.  
As always, everything I have used is linked below, so be sure to take a look.

See you next week.

Jillx

Gansai Tambi Starry Colours Watercolour Pan Set (6) Zig Clean Color Real Brush Pen (24 piece set) Off The Grid Paper Pack

Birthday Wishes Image 1 Lunar Animals Image 1 Woodland Gifts Image 1

6 comments:

  1. Gorgeous! Might need to consider getting these :-) which drawing gum do you use? There are so many to choose from :-(

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much Mirella! I use the Pebeo Draing Gum (the blue one), and is by far the best I've found. It leaves no trace behind and you can even wash it out of your brush! x

      Delete
  2. Absolutely gorgeous card! Will have to wait for the restocks!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is absolutely stunning! Love it! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Just too gorgeous. I've had to buy the watercolours! You're so talented. Thank you for sharing such a lovely card.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment - we hope the blog inspires your creativity.
The Seven Hills Crafts Design Team