Monday 9 May 2016

Huge Thanks!!

Hi there :)

For today's card I have revisited the idea of using the MFT Balloon Strings background as water... you may remember I had seals bobbing about in the water last time :)
To make my ocean blue, I clear embossed the balloon strings on watercolour card and added a generous wash of water before dropping in watercolours in blues and aquamarines.


I cut a slit along one of the lines so I could tuck this jolly whale from Avery Elle's Swim Team into the ocean... he looks like he's surfacing to say hello and thank you :)  I do love the Swim Team Elle-ments die set that compliments these stamps... it contains some useful shapes for any watery scene. I used the seaweed shaped dies to add white waves around the whale and the main border to make a choppy ocean...


Hehe... it looks like we've spotted him through a telescope out at sea .... and a very shimmery sea as well thanks to a good spritz of perfect pearls mixed with water over the water coloured ocean :)


    


This would be another embossing technique you could use for our current monthly challenge... have you played along yet?

Thanks for stopping by :)
Jenny x

3 comments:

  1. What a great, fun card and I love how you used the the balloon strings for waves.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is fabulous, Jenny. Just love all the details in your ocean.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your card, Jenny, it's just too adorable!! Yes, it does look like you are looking at the whale through a telescope - great idea!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment - we hope the blog inspires your creativity.
The Seven Hills Crafts Design Team