Monday 2 May 2016

Old Chap!!

Hello there :)

I thought I'd try something a bit different.... and that's a different card size. I have fallen into always using the regular A6 card shape but I still have a variety of ready made card bases in my stash so I challenged myself to use this DL size....


I've dug out some unloved stash to make a guys card... not sure who its for but sometimes its just fun to play for the sake of it.. yes??

I've used an Echo Park Moustaches stencil with black embossing paste on the black card and the Props die set from Elizabeth Craft on the white lined paper. Both pieces have been cut using the notebook die in Waffleflower's Stay Focused which is currently out of stock but there are other options in store if you type the word notebook into the search bar :)


I used black felt for the bowler hat and patterned paper for the bow tie..... his moustache is cut into the lined paper so the black card shows through from underneath...haha, he looks like the invisible man :)

The Sophisticated Script font from Concord & 9th seemed the perfect choice for the sentiment..... it's such an easy set to use but I do recommend trying out the stamping on a scrap piece beforehand so you get an idea for space and alignment .
 I finished off with a scored border and adhered the notebook pages down leaving the edges turned up and the tops a little crumpled.


                  
                                       

Thanks for stopping by and I hope you all enjoy the May Bank holiday... weather permitting (fingers crossed and big sigh)!!

Jenny x

3 comments:

  1. Really fun masculine card x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my gosh I LOVE this! So quirky and a great idea for a masculine card! Thanks so much for all the inspiration on this blog, I've only just discovered it and spent aaaages looking at all the gorgeous creations :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this- I think the cool moustache background is stunning!! xx

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment - we hope the blog inspires your creativity.
The Seven Hills Crafts Design Team