Saturday 7 May 2016

What If Space Was Pink?

Greetings, crafters on planet earth! As the big sci-fi fan that I am I fell in love with My Favorite Things' Out Of This World the moment I saw it. And, assuming that not all aliens are of the evil X-Files kind but maybe more along the lines of ET, I decided that my own space explorer would be from a planet where the dominant color is pink (wouldn't we all want to live there??).


I am still struggling with soft sponged backgrounds – I keep re-watching Laura Bassen's videos, but when I start to use ink I just have to add more. And more. And more... Anyhow, I am happy with the colors, even though I had wishes they'd come out softer, but ... pink!


The spacecraft was colored very simply. I know we can start to discuss light sources, and which parts of the craft protrude and would cast shadows, but I know that some of you get so confused by this that you rather not color something at all for fear of doing it wrong. Here's a secret: it's YOUR space craft. Color it any way you want. Meaning: it's ok to keep your coloring to the basics. Craft in a way that makes YOU happy. It's your hobby, you ain't doing for anyone else.


I mounted the space craft with some foam tape to my panel and then added a few stars in colors that would go well with the pink sky. And there is my pink space craft. Makes me kind of wish that ESA or NASA would paint their space craft pink. For realz!

Thank you for stopping by today, I hope you had fun! If you'd like to see how I created the card, head on over to my blog (link in profile) for the video tutorial. Cheers!

1 comment:

  1. It's amazing isn't it how we're our own harshest critics?! Your background is GORGEOUS as is your spacecraft ... all the colouring looks pretty perfect to me :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment - we hope the blog inspires your creativity.
The Seven Hills Crafts Design Team