Tuesday 29 November 2016

Spinning Ninja

I was so excited to finally get the Mama Elephant Tiny Ninjas stamp set and the matching dies, which I've had my eye on since it was announced in September. I think it's such a fun and unique set, and great for lots of occasions.


There are two stamps in the set that mirror each other, perfect for a spinner card. I stamped both of these ninjas, coloured them with copic markers, then die cut them with the matching dies. I don't always get the matching dies for stamp sets but I think they are worth having with this set, especially when creating a spinner card as they cut the mirror images to line up perfectly.

I die cut a rectangle frame, attaching it to an A2 card base. I placed the inner rectangle piece in place on the card (but not stuck down) and ran them through my die cutting machine together with a circle die. This will cut the circle in both the card base and the rectangle so they match up exactly when you put the card together.  I'll link to the circle dies I used, but really any circle dies will work for this.

I blended distress inks on to the rectangle to create a night sky, then flicked it with a perfect pearls mix to create some starry patterns.  

To create the spinner element, I used a strand of metallic gold thread stuck between the two ninjas. I added lots of strong adhesive to the card base, before placing the ninjas on the card. I made sure to pull the thread taut and press it down into the adhesive so it stuck really well. I added more adhesive to the distress inked rectangle, then stuck this down over the top. 



Next, I die cut a larger circle than the aperture. I wanted it to be larger so there would be less white showing when viewing the card at different angles. I blended on some yellow distress ink to create a glowing moon, then stuck this onto the inside of the card to show through behind the ninja.

I chose a sentiment from the same set, and white heat embossed it onto black card. I cut it into a banner and attached to the card.

Finally, I added some ninja stars coloured with the Wink of Stella gold glitter pen, and a couple of glitter hearts.

I think this is one of my favourite cards I've made recently. I love the ninja and I'm so pleased with how he spins!


If you haven't tried making a spinner card before, I'd really recommend having a go. 
They are great fun and sure to be well received.

Have a lovely day,
Gemma


Mama Elephant Tiny Ninjas


MFT Single Stitched Rectangle Frames
Lawn Fawn Circle Frames
Yes Please Enamel Shapes
Lawn Fawn Everyday Sentiment Banners

4 comments:

  1. I love this card, the set is on my christmas wish list, I haven't tried making a spinner card yet, something to keep in mind, thanks for sharing :) Debs x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome card Gemma! I love the ninjas and this is such a cool way to showcase them. Loving that inked background too!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment - we hope the blog inspires your creativity.
The Seven Hills Crafts Design Team