Tuesday 14 February 2017

Champagne Shaker

Happy Valentines Day!

Today I'm sharing a card that I think would work for many different occasions - valentines, engagement, wedding, anniversary, even a special birthday.


I'm using the new Wine Service and Cheers die-namics from MFT. I love all the wine related items from the February MFT release. They work so well together with the wine bottle tag, but also look great on cards.

I die cut two of the largest Stitched Traditional tags, set one aside and from the other I die cut the two wine glasses.

I added acetate behind the tag and a double layer of foam tape around the die cut windows and over the back of the tag. Before adding my gold sequins, I dusted on some talc around the edges of the foam tape. This removes some of the adhesive, meaning your sequins are less likely to stick and can move more freely. I used some sequins I found in my stash, but I've linked below to a pretty store option that I like.

Once I'd added the sequins, I stuck down the other die cut tag at the back to create a shaker tag. If you wanted to make just a tag to use on a present, don't forget to add a punched hole to both tags before putting it together. That way you can add some twine or ribbon.

To add some detail to the card base, I used the Basic Stitch Lines die-namics across the middle. I then added my shaker tag at a slight angle on the card.


On the positive die cuts of the wine glasses, I added some pink ink before trimming them down to just the stems. I added these stems back on the card, then added some gold glitter bows to the glasses.

I die cut a gold glitter 'Cheers' - the font is so pretty! I used stick-it adhesive at the back so it was very easy to attach to the card.

To finish, I added some gold glitter and pink sequin hearts above the wine glasses.

Have a wonderful day,
Gemma


MFT Wine Service
MFT Cheers

MFT Stitched Traditional Tags
MFT Basic Stitch Lines
Stick-It Adhesive

Pixie Dust Sequins

Avery Elle Bunting







3 comments:

  1. Gorgeous - so stylish! I love the die cut lines behind the tag too. Such a fab design and really appropriate for the day!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment - we hope the blog inspires your creativity.
The Seven Hills Crafts Design Team