Thursday 21 September 2017

Geeky Wedding Congrats Card

Hi everyone, Taheerah here wishing you a happy Thursday!

I make no secret of the fact that I'm a geek. And naturally, as a geek, I know and have many geeky friends! So when one of my geeky friends was getting married last weekend, I knew that no ordinary wedding card would do!

Cue the awesome Pixelated Heart die and Pixelated Faces die, both from Neat & Tangled! With their retro 8-bit look, I knew they would be perfect in creating my friend's card:


I just love how this turned out!


I die cut the heart using the Pixelated Heart die. The die is intended to create a pop-up card interior, but you can create a standalone heart shape by trimming off the extra bits! I used gold mist to colour my heart, but you could always cut it from coloured cardstock to save you the trouble! The 'shine' on the heart came from die cutting two of the shapes that come with the Pixelated Faces die. I love that those dies can be used for pretty much anything!


I waned my heart to be the star of the show, so I added a sentiment created with my label maker, and splattered some mists onto my card base before adhering the pieces in place! Simple, geeky, and my friend absolutely loved it!


I'd love to hear what you think of this card. Is there someone you know who'd love to receive it? Thanks for stopping by!




No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment - we hope the blog inspires your creativity.
The Seven Hills Crafts Design Team