Saturday 4 November 2017

Celebrating Seasonal Colours.

Hi everybody,

Jill here, and this week, I'm celebrating the change of seasons and the beautiful colours that come with it.


Using a ton of falling leaves from Lawn Fawn and Newton's Hook.


Autumn is by far my favourite season.  I love the dark nights, I love the coziness, I love my warm clothes but most of all....I love the colours.  It's so magical walking through the park surrounded by vibrant reds and yellows and oranges, it always inspires me to create something.  I treat myself to Newton's Hook Falling Leaves Stencil recently so this was the perfect opportunity to enjoy it.


I started with a panel of watercolour card and blended my palette of autumnal colours over the top.  I then sprayed my background with water to create a softer muted look.  I took Lawn Fawn's Stitched Leaves die and cut a load from watercolour card and coloured them using the same palette blended with water.
While everything was drying I cut Lawn Fawn's Scripty Hello from a piece of card (and white foam to add dimension later), and also an aperture from my cover card using MFT's Scalloped Edged Circles.


I covered my Scripty Hello die-cut in several layers of a gorgeous rich bronze embossing powder to create a delicious, luxurious, shiny, sentiment.
I then built up my scene, bringing it all together with a natural twine bow and a scattering of enamel dots.


I really hope you like it and are enjoying the change in season and getting your winter warmers on as much as I am!

See you next week.

Jillx

Falling Leaves Stencil Stitched Leaves Dies Image 1             

Scripty Hello Die Image 1  Stitched Circle Scallop Edge Frames Dienamics


1 comment:

  1. Such a beautiful card! Funnily enough I had already pulled out the same stencil and leaf dies to use next week at a workshop that I'm running for our local Stroke Association group. I love the colours of Autumn leaves too :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment - we hope the blog inspires your creativity.
The Seven Hills Crafts Design Team