Saturday 11 November 2017

Wishing You A Merry Christmas

Hey Stampers, Anni here!

Today I have some tricks and tipps for you to create fast and simple Christmas cards.
I don't know about you but for me the Christmas season is the time when I send the the most cards. And always I am a bit behind with making them also I challenge myself to make two per month (often that doesn't happen especially in summer). So when Christmas is on the horizont I think about how to make cards fast and easy that don't look like you didn't spend much time on them.




Here are some tricks and tipps I came up with:

Create watercolour backgrounds
Watercolour backgrounds are always an eyecatcher. For this card I blended some ink on my cardstock in yellow, apricot and pink. Then I spritzed A LOT of water onto the paper and let it do it's work. The colours blended into eachother respectivly faded into white.

Use Die Cuts
Die cuts are an easy way to create focal points. No need for colouring and that's  a real time saver for me.
Lawn Fawn's Stitched Snowflakes is a set of small and big snowflakes, all with beautiful stitched details. I die cut them from silver glitter paper, the smaller ones two times, and arranged them on the background.


Use Big Sentiments
There are a lot of beautiful handwritten sentiments on the market right now. And they make a simple card special.
For the sentiment on this card I combined sentiments from two sets. The 'Merry' comes from the set Jolly and Merry by Mama Elephant. And 'Wishing You A' and 'Christmas' I found in Avery Elle's Merriest.

Use Embossing Powder
I think heat embossing always adds a little bit of intrest. On this card I tried something new. I embossed over embossing. First I stamped the 'Merry' and emvbossed it in silver. Over this I stamped the small addings to the sentiment - and to my surprise it worked out - thanks to my stamping tool.

These are the tricks and tipps I use when I want to make a fast card. What are yours?

Thanks for stopping by and have a great weekend.
Anni


      

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment - we hope the blog inspires your creativity.
The Seven Hills Crafts Design Team