Wednesday 17 January 2018

Bella's Morning Glory

Happy Wednesday crafters!

Today's card features three new things for me: 1) no-line colouring; 2) an actual rubber stamp (other than a background); and 3) a cute little stamp from the brand Stamping Bella. It's a new year and time to try new things and challenge yourself, right?


I started out by stamping the Stamping Bella Morning Glory stamp onto some white cardstock with some MFT Grout Gray Hybrid Ink.  The lines on this stamp are so fine and the ink is so light I had to stamp it twice to enable me to see it. I then used my alcohol markers to colour her in, finishing up with a couple of coloured pencils in white, dark brown, grey and green to add fine detail and ground the image.


When finished, I cut the panel down, mounting it onto an A6 top folding white card base and a small strip of card coloured with two blue markers. I cut a sentiment strip from a scrap of green cardstock, snipped the end off into a banner and white heat embossed the sentiment from the MFT Essential Sentiments set. I foam mounted this and added some sequins, letting the colouring be the main focus of the card.

If you've never attempted no-line colouring, why not give it a go?

Catch you next week.

Tallie

  

8 comments:

  1. Stunning colouring and such a pretty stamp x

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is beautiful - the colouring is gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love this !! I have always stamped in black before, but this technique looks great, so I’m definitely going to give this a try. Your card is fabulous! x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I was the same. I saw all these people doing it so I thought I had to give it a try and I'm glad I did. Definitely give it a go and tag me if you post it so I can see! :)

      Delete
  4. The colouring on this is simply amazing, what a beautiful card.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment - we hope the blog inspires your creativity.
The Seven Hills Crafts Design Team