Sunday 28 January 2018

Happy Hellos

I've got a few cards to share today as I had one of my "I don't know what to make days" yesterday so just pulled out a die at random from my as yet unused pile as my starting point and just stared at it for a while until I came up with some ideas!  The die I opted for was the Hello Square Die from Reverse Confetti (there is also a thanks and congrats option too)
 
It's a big die that makes a bold statement all on its own but I fancied adding to it so pulled out the Golden Feather stamp and die set from AlteNew and created a couple of feathers in my fave shades with copper highlights.  To tie that into the card I used an embossing pen to pick out just the word hello from the die and copper embossed that with two layers for a smooth finish and added depth.  (You could get the same effect from using a copper brush marker if you didn't want to mess with embossing)  I popped it on a grey pearl card base to make the white frame pop but you could die cut the frame from coloured card and use a white base for the same effect.


Next I wanted to show off the simplicity of the die on its own - I love something I know I can knock out a card with in minutes when I'm in a rush.


I just did some really simply ink blending on a panel of white card and die cut the frame.  I think it makes a really happy hello card!

Then because I loved the colours so much I couldn't throw away the strips that come out of the frame at the bottom, so I used those and the waste from above the hello to create a striped background for another card (yes I am frugal Yorkshire through and through!)  I just cut strips in different widths and then spaced them up the card with the gaps between them growing as I went up.


I decided to add the scrumptious new Viking from MFT over my base panel.  I have been itching to colour him up since we got him.  I do love a Viking!   I simply coloured him with pencils and cut him with the co-ordinating die.



NEWS FROM THE STORE

We will have new stock arriving over the next week or two but I don't have firm dates yet so cannot confirm what will be here when.  February will be SUPER BUSY with all the Creativation Trade Show releases.  We will be getting everything from all the brands we already stock.  We won't have new brands just yet but we're keeping a list of what took your fancy for the future so watch this space.  We just have to be careful not to grow too quickly as we have to balance cash flow - we have to pay for everything in advance so if things don't sell, we can't buy new stuff, simple as that.  There is no sale or return in imports!

We will have some stuff from AlteNew hopefully by the end of the week but they sold out of lots of items during the trade show so we have a huge back order list too which will be follow a few weeks later.

Avery Elle will be the first of the CHA releases to arrive and goes on sale in early February.

We have the end of the year release we missed from Stamping Bella shipping on Monday so hopefully that will be here in a week or so too customs willing.

For everything else - your "real time release" information portal is our Facebook page - so make sure you follow us and have your notification set to "see first" if you don't want to miss out on new arrivals as and when they happen.  We cannot answer individual emails about when products will arrive.

That's all for this week folks - catch you next weekend.

Tara

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment - we hope the blog inspires your creativity.
The Seven Hills Crafts Design Team