Thursday 22 February 2018

I Miss Hanging Around With You Monkey Card

Hi everyone, Taheerah here wishing you a happy Thursday!

I am absolutely terrible at sending out the cards that I make. There, I said it. I know I need to get better at it, but life always tends to get in the way! Anyway, I was missing someone and decided to create a card to let them know that.

Will they ever receive it? That's anybody's guess. *wry smile*

I have been wanting to ink up the SugarPea Designs Chunky Monkey stamp set for *ages* and was so glad of an opportunity to do so:


I just love that little cheeky monkey! Isn't he adorable?!


I started by stamping my little monkey, branch, and bananas using brown ink. I know we often reach straight for the black, but given there are so many brown tones in the colouring I think this just works better, don't you agree?


I coloured all my images with Copics before fussy cutting them out. I loved adding some fun additional details, like the spotting on the bananas!


I created a background on my car by blending a couple of green inks, a brown ink and a blue ink. I wanted to give the impression of a jungle in the distance, along with a hint of sky. I splattered on some water droplets and some shimmery mist for an extra touch then stamped my sentiment. I love the custom dimension that I get from using dimensional glue gel!


I'd love to hear what you think of this card. Is there someone you know who'd love to receive it? Thanks for stopping by!



1 comment:

  1. I love your cheeky monkey card! Your attention to detail is amazing and I'm sure the lucky recipient will love it.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment - we hope the blog inspires your creativity.
The Seven Hills Crafts Design Team