Thursday 5 April 2018

Mixed Metallics Hello

Hi everyone, Taheerah here wishing you a happy Thursday!

Anyone who know me at all will know I love my metallics! Though gold will always be the one I'm drawn to the most, I really am like a magpie when it comes to silvers, platinums and coppers too!

I decided to create something that would actually mix a couple of metallics into the design. I thought that marbling would be the perfect avenue for that, and so I pulled out the My Favorite Things Marble Background stamp and got to work:


I love the subtle mix of platinum and gold here!


I heat embossed the marble background with metallic platinum embossing powder, then watercoloured some diluted gold mist over the top of it! The gold is mostly seen in the un-embossed areas, but it does still layer a little on top of the platinum too which gives it a great two-tone appearance depending on the angle and the light!


I wanted a more masculine-looking sentiment on the card, so the one from the Neat & Tangled Hello You stamp set was perfect! I heat embossed it with black embossing powder to complete the look!

I'd love to hear what you think of this card. Is there someone you know who'd love to receive it? Thanks for stopping by!



1 comment:

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment - we hope the blog inspires your creativity.
The Seven Hills Crafts Design Team