Monday 12 June 2017

Simple Fathers Day Cards

Hello it's Jenny here, hope you all enjoyed the lovely warm weekend :)

As you probably know It's Father's Day here in the UK next Sunday and today I have a couple of simple cards along the same theme for the occasion....



I do love an alphabet whether its stamps or dies and this Double Cut alphabet from Concord&9th is really very versatile especially when you pair it with the Background Blocks stamp set.

I started off by finding a colour palette on Pinterest and then selecting inks from my collection that closely matched.... next step was to stamp out lots of blocks on white card whilst having fun with colour combos and patterns....


The two solid stamps in the set can be left 'as is' or over-stamped using another of the patterns to give you many variations to play with. Next step is to cut your letters.... you need two of each letter and bear in mind you'll need to mix and match them so think about colours and patterns that look best together. The dies cut a solid shape and then the outline as well so for this first card I just swapped the two for a more formal, tidy look. The rest of the sentiment is made using a Lawn Fawn Alphabet and the sketchy lines are from a MFT floral set believe it or not!!! (both linked below)


For the second card I wanted to show how you can get a third way to use the letters by using the negative space left behind in the colour block... I have also cut the E and T with foam so they would stand proud compared to the other letters. I love the artsy feel to this card but it needed something else to frame the focal point so I added some detail with a stencil and embossing paste....


To get the space in the embossing paste I applied a torn piece of paper across the centre of my card front before laying down the Pointed Out stencil and spreading embossing paste through it... the torn edge helps to mimic the jaunty angle of the letters and the fun feel to the design. With a little bit of masking I made the the rest of the sentiment from an older Lawn Fawn set linked below :)

       
  

I love these dies, lots of versatility for the price and you can of course use them with patterned paper too. They make a simple sentiment the main focal point which is sometimes just what you need :)

Thanks for stopping by :)
Jenny x

1 comment:

  1. These are really fab Jenny! I do keep looking at the Background Blocks set and this might have tipped the balance ;) The lettering looks great and I love the 'wonky' stencilling too.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment - we hope the blog inspires your creativity.
The Seven Hills Crafts Design Team