Monday 23 October 2017

Poinsettia Pattern



Hello... Jenny here starting your week off with some Christmas cards!! It's about this time of year when I start to work on a design for my Christmas cards, something simple I can make in batches and this Poinsettia stamp set from Waffleflower enabled me to do just that..


I love how the layers make the flower multi-coloured... it's one of those sets that needs to be seen completed to do it justice. I tried two different colour ways, a traditional green and red alongside a more retro palette. The design of the poinsettia made me think of lino print patterns so I was curious to see how it would look in blues and reds


The green is pretty but I just love this retro combination...


I used a stamping platform tool to help with the repetition and make four cards but you do not need one for the purpose of layering the stamps... they are easy to stamp and actually quite forgiving if you do not get them absolutely spot on!! I teamed the panels with a sentiment from Avery Elle's Kitsch Christmas.... well I had to continue the retro vibe  :)

             

Thanks for stopping by :)
Jenny x

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment - we hope the blog inspires your creativity.
The Seven Hills Crafts Design Team