Thursday 8 February 2018

Retro Coffee

Hello, it's Jenny here again and I'm covering for Taheera who will be back next Thursday.

I hope you have your sunglasses handy this morning as I have a bright retro design to show you.....


Oh how I just love retro colours and designs and the Coffee Date stamp set from MFT fits perfectly into that genre. I started by masking the edges of a card blank and then laying out my design as you see below..


It's helpful to have the dies to match this set but you can easily make masks by stamping the images and cutting them out with a border yourself. Once I had settled on the layout I used masking tape and distress oxide ink to make blocks of colour over the masks..


I experimented with adding some texture to one of the squares with a background stamp but the jury's still out on whether I like it or not!! Next stage is to stamp the outline images and purposefully off-set them and then do the same for the solid in-fills too.


To add a pattern on the coffee pot I placed a small diamond of masking paper down before stamping the solid colour and then used the negative diamond shape to sponge two black diamonds on top of the orange ink.


Love the quote too which comes from Sugar Pea Designs The Perfect Blend.... although some would say it's never to early for wine but that's a whole different debate 😉

                

Well I hope that has brightened your day, thanks for stopping by :)
Jenny x

1 comment:

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment - we hope the blog inspires your creativity.
The Seven Hills Crafts Design Team